TOP 35 UNDER 35 AWARDS AND EXPO
The Top 35 Under 35 Awards & Expo is a Youth Agenda’s annual initiative focused on its three main programme areas:
- Youth Engagement in Leadership and Governance.
- Youth Economic Empowerment.
- Gender Development and Advocacy.
The call for nomination kicks off 18th May 2020 to 30th June 2020 with the awards to take place on the 12th August, 2020 during the International Youth Day -2020.
The relevance of Top35Under35 Awards to the IYD 2020
Every year the world celebrates the International Youth Day on 12th August. Each year comes with its theme from the Global UN headquarters. This year’s theme is “Youth Engagement for Global Action” which seeks to highlight the ways in which:
- The engagement of young people at the local, national and global levels are enriching national, multilateral institutions as well as draw lessons on how their representation and engagement in formal institutional politics can be significantly enhanced.
- The engagement of youth in formal political mechanisms increase the fairness of political processes by reducing democratic deficits, contribution to better or more sustainable policies and the symbolic importance that can further contribute to restoring trust in public institutions, especially among youth.
- Vast humanity challenges such as the COVID-19 outbreak and climate change require concerted global action for meaningful engagement and participation of young people in effectively addressing them.
The awards categories relate to the Kenya’s Big 4 Agenda, the Vision 2030 and Sustainable Development Goals.
This award will be the basis for a mentorship, incubation and networking a cohort of 35 awardees. Each of the annual cohorts will undergo a one-year leadership program for them to mentor and inspire other youth countrywide.
A just, equitable and progressive society in which young people fully enjoy social, economic and political rights
To provide a platform to harness and nurture young people through informed, innovative and value driven approaches for personal, community and national development
Our Core Values
- Applicants or nominees MUST be Kenyans aged below 35 years at application or nomination.
- Applicant’s or nominee’s initiative or venture MUST have been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to the application.
- The business/Venture/Organization MUST be legal, legally registered and acknowledged by the government of Kenya.
- The data and application for the nominee or applicant MUST come through this form.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY/SUBMISSION:
- The judges decision will be final, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will be treated in confidence and will not be circulated elsewhere other than the judges, sponsors and the Youth Agenda #Top35Under35 programme team.
- Top 35 Under 35 programme reserves the right to publish entrant’s photos and biographical details.
- Submission of an entry/ application/ nomination form will be treated as acceptance to the conditions of entry.
The deadline for application/nomination is on 30th June 2020 at 24.00 Hrs.
In case of challenges, please contact us via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject #Top35Under35.